Increased content on Wikipedia means increased public awareness.
Millions of Americans turn to the internet for information. That search typically includes Wikipedia. As the top online educational resource on the planet, with more links from search engines than any other site, Wikipedia is one of the most powerful platforms for the dissemination of knowledge.
That’s why Wikipedia offers a powerful opportunity for organizations interested in sharing reliable, vetted information about their discipline with the world. It’s a chance to impact public knowledge.
In our partnerships, the partnering institution formally encourages its members to participate in Wiki Education’s programs. Wiki Education staff support those members in powerful, engaging work that targets writing, research, and information literacy skills. Along the way, content gaps on Wikipedia in their field of study are filled.
Each partnership forms an elegant solution that fits the institution’s diverse needs, while bringing better information to Wikipedia. For institutions, it’s a way to make sure that quality content about their discipline is well-represented on Wikipedia. Together, we can help academic research and knowledge reach the public sphere.
Wiki Education partners:
- American Anthropological Association
- American Chemical Society
- American Society of Plant Biologists
- American Sociological Association
- American Studies Association
- Association for Psychological Science
- Association for Women in Mathematics
- Conference on College Composition and Communication
- Deep Carbon Observatory Engagement Team
- International Society for Technology in Education
- Linguistic Society of America
- Louisiana State University, Communication across the Curriculum
- Midwest Political Science Association
- National Communication Association
- National Women’s Studies Association
- Society of Family Planning
- Society for Marine Mammalogy
Become a partner:
To find out more about partnerships, email Director of Partnerships Jami Mathewson at firstname.lastname@example.org.