Are you familiar with linked data?
Our intermediate course will…
- Help you frame linked data projects on Wikidata
- Give you a firm grasp on how Wikidata’s community operates
- Provide training modules on Wikidata’s policies, specific tools, and WikiProjects
- Illuminate Wikidata’s data visualization options that you can use to better illustrate contributions
- Deepen your knowledge of Wikidata’s query system to better answer questions
- Introduce you to a series of resources to help identify projects for the future
If you are unfamiliar with linked data practices, start with our beginner’s course.
Participants meet virtually to learn how to use, as well as contribute to, Wikidata. Our upcoming six week classes meet every week on:
- Wednesdays 11am – 12pm PST, September 18 – October 23, 2019 OR
- Mondays 11am – 12pm PST, October 21 – November 25, 2019
- Individual rate: $800
- Sign up before our early bird deadline for discounted rate: $700
- Group rate: Enroll two or more participants from the same institution for $600 each
The cost of this opportunity covers collaborative group sessions with peers, access to hands-on support from Wikidata experts, and technical training so you can successfully contribute to Wikidata. We encourage you to seek professional development funds to cover the cost of your tuition. We’re happy to work with you to provide your department or organization more information about the course. Download our course syllabus for employer documentation.
Participants will receive a shareable, electronic certificate-of-completion issued by Wiki Education upon course completion.
- At least some experience with linked data is expected. Experience with Wikidata is not required.
- Participants commit 3 hours/week, including a group meeting and independent work.
- Participants will make significant contributions to Wikidata items and build projects for their institution with local data.
- Participants must have access to the internet and a computer.
- Participants will fill out short surveys at the beginning and end of the course and select participants will get the opportunity to be featured on Wiki Education’s blog.
Wednesdays 11am – 12pm PST Mondays 11am – 12pm PST
Early bird deadline: August 16th Early bird deadline: October 1st
Registration deadline: September 9th Registration deadline: October 14th
Payment deadline: September 13th Payment deadline: October 18th
Questions? Thoughts? Want to be informed of future Wikidata course opportunities? Get in touch.