Are you familiar with linked data?
This course will…
- Help you frame linked data projects on Wikidata
- Give you a firm grasp on how Wikidata’s community operates
- Provide training modules on Wikidata’s policies, specific tools, and WikiProjects
- Illuminate Wikidata’s data visualization options that you can use to better illustrate contributions
- Deepen your knowledge of Wikidata’s query system to better answer questions
- Introduce you to a series of resources to help identify projects for the future
If you are unfamiliar with linked data practices, start with our beginner’s course.
Participants meet virtually on Wednesdays, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM PST to learn how to use, as well as contribute to, Wikidata. Our upcoming weekly class will meet September 11, 2019 through October 16, 2019 (six weeks).
The cost of this opportunity covers collaborative group sessions with peers, access to hands-on support from Wikidata experts, and technical training so you can successfully contribute to Wikidata. We encourage you to seek professional development funds to cover the cost of your tuition. We’re happy to work with you to provide your department or organization more information about the course. Download our course syllabus for employer documentation.
Participants will receive a shareable, electronic certificate-of-completion issued by Wiki Education upon course completion.
Payments are due by August 30th
- Individual rate: $1,000
- Sign up before August 2nd for our early bird rate: $800
- Group rate: Enroll two or more participants from the same institution for $750 each
- At least some experience with linked data is expected. Experience with Wikidata is not required.
- Participants commit 3 hours/week, including a group meeting and independent work.
- Participants will make significant contributions to Wikidata items and build projects for their institution with local data.
- Participants must have access to the internet and a computer.
- Participants will fill out short surveys at the beginning and end of the course and select participants will get the opportunity to be featured on Wiki Education’s blog.
Register by August 23
Questions? Thoughts? Want to be informed of future Wikidata course opportunities? Get in touch.