“The Wikidata Institute exposed to me to so many opportunities that Wikidata offers, for the work I do, for the research that interests me, and for the ways in which I can make my work more visible to others. While I knew a bit about Wikidata before I started the course, the course — and the peers I met in it — showed me many new avenues and opportunities that I will now pursue.” – former participant
As powerful tools for open linked data, Wikidata and Wikibase are already strategically important to researchers, instructors, and other professionals across industries. Seize new opportunities for your institution by joining one of our upcoming online courses.
By popular demand, we’re bringing back a 6-week course, meeting once per week. The course curriculum is the same as our 3-week Wikidata Institute, but participants will have a bit more time to do work outside of class. This may be especially interesting to people who have their own dataset and are eager to work with Wiki Education’s team of Wikidata experts as they batch upload data to Wikidata.
Our course can help you:
- Elevate the visibility of your collections by mapping culturally significant data from your industry in the global repository that is Wikidata.
- Draw new insights about your data using Wikidata’s customizable visualization and query tools.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of current research by tracking and linking existing data in Wikidata to your data.
- Develop an equitable and inclusive model for linked data.
- Enrich Wikidata with high-quality data from your discipline to improve representation and accuracy.
- Teach data literacy to students and colleagues by incorporating Wikidata / metadata practices into your workflow or into the classroom.
- And more!
- Individual rate: $800
- Enroll with one or more people for our group discounted rate of $700 each
- Participants will receive a shareable, electronic certificate-of-completion issued by Wiki Education upon course completion
- Payment is due one week after the enrollment deadline