Want to join the open data movement? Join an upcoming Wikidata Institute course.
As powerful tools for open-linked data, Wikidata and Wikibase have extensive applications across industries and sectors – spanning research and professional fields. Discover how your institution can benefit from the ever-growing possibilities of linked data by joining one of our upcoming online courses. We’ll meet twice a week for three weeks.
“The Wikidata Institute exposed to me to so many opportunities that Wikidata offers, for the work I do, for the research that interests me, and for the ways in which I can make my work more visible to others. While I knew a bit about Wikidata before I started the course, the course — and the peers I met in it — showed me many new avenues and opportunities that I will now pursue.” – former participant
Our course can help you:
- Elevate the visibility of your collections by mapping culturally significant data from your industry in the global repository that is Wikidata.
- Draw new insights about your data using Wikidata’s customizable visualization and query tools.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of current research by tracking and linking existing data in Wikidata to your data.
- Develop an equitable and inclusive model for linked data.
- Enrich Wikidata with high-quality data from your discipline to improve representation and accuracy.
- Teach data literacy to students and colleagues by incorporating Wikidata / metadata practices into your workflow or into the classroom.
- And more!
- Individual rate: $800
- Enroll with one or more people for our group discounted rate of $700 each
- Participants will receive a shareable, electronic certificate-of-completion issued by Wiki Education upon course completion
- Payment is due one week after the enrollment deadline